Monday, December 1, 2008

Ouch!

So, I've been working out 5 days a week for 2 months now. This is huge for me as I HATE exercising. Even when I feel better for having done it, I still hate it. But, I seem to have made it a habit and have reached the point of being able to do four 10-minute miles or 35 minutes of strength training (using The Firm). I know from past experience that I would never keep up an exercise habit if I had to go to the gym. So, I have been relying on DVDs, which allow me to go from bed to work out in about 10 minutes.

Anyway, I was getting bored with the DVDs I had. Last week I read about the 30 Day Shred on a blog that I now cannot recall. I read the reviews on Amazon.com. I was encouraged to buy it (new from an Amazon reseller for a great price) after reading many positive reviews, but I was skeptical about the type of results I would get from a 20-minute workout. I saw one review that stated the person's muscles were weak for 2 hours after doing the 20-minute workout, and I thought, "she must have been really out of shape." HA! Guess I'm really out of shape. Although I recovered after about an hour, I could barely complete the three sets of strength/cardio/ab rotation at Level 1. I have a bad feeling that getting out of bed for tomorrow's 4-mile walk is going to be painful. But I am now convinced that a 20-minute workout could actually result in visibly better fitness.

No comments: