Thursday, February 26, 2009

Breaking More Rules

My goal was to only make recipes that I had already accumulated. However, I still subscribe to many food blogs and am bombarded with ideas daily. Tuesday I came across two new recipes that were so easy that I couldn't resist trying them out.

Tuesday night we had Taco Bake which was featured on What's for Dinner. It was super simple and tasted good. The only solicited feedback I got was that the chili beans did not soften up enough. I agreed. Next time I might consider getting them started in the microwave before adding them to the beef. I froze a couple leftover pieces of this too. I'm skeptical of how the crust will hold up after thawing and reheating.

Last night I made Rice Noodle Soup with Shrimp from Dishing Up Delights. I seem to have a problem with adding too many noodles to recipes and last night was no exception. The amount of noodles did not allow the bok choy to wilt enough and they seemed to diffuse the garlic and ginger flavors. I will probably give this one another shot, but will increase the garlic and ginger and decrease the noodles.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Taco Bake is even better when you top it off with some salsa con queso!

M.D.