Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Fell Off the Wagon

I have no library books in my house, I was reading a book that qualifies for the Mysteryreadcafe Challenge, and I was looking forward to whittling away the books on my TBR bookcase...and then the Animal Humane Society annual book sale happened...

Last year I went to the book sale on the third day it was open. This time, I went on the day it opened, and when I saw people walking out with grocery bags full of books, I was hoppin' to get in there and shop. Pictured above is the "damage." But how can you feel bad about supporting such a good cause? :-)

In addition to my book sale haul, I received my first ARC ever, The Broken Parachute Man by Robert Bolin. I'm only about 30 pages in so far, but I'm liking it. I also borrowed two books from my mom and one from a collegue that had been on my Bookmooch wish list. I need to start practicing all those techniques I learned in my high school speed reading class!













No comments: