Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mysteryreadercafe Reading Challenge


Lynda helped me out again when she posted about this challenge hosted by Kari at Another Book on the Stack. This one only requires four books, and I'm betting I can make at least one of my Agatha Christie books fit the requirements for this one too. Here are the rules:
1. Read a mystery with the word "murder" in the title
2. Read a mystery set in your region
3. Read a mystery that has been on your shelf for at least a year
4. Read a mystery from a "new to you" author
Again, I don't want to designate all the books, but I can say that I will likely choose to read a Tammy Hoag mystery to meet rule 2. I have read her books before and enjoyed them. As for a mystery that's been on my shelf for at least a year, we'll go with The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. I picked it up at a charity book sale last winter after reading a lot of good reviews of it. That gets me one less book on my TBR shelf!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recommend "Saint Mudd" for a mystery/detective novel set in your region. The entire book takes place in depression-era St. Paul. The descriptions of the city and the era alone make the book worth reading.