Sunday, October 26, 2008

My First Trip to the LNS






Last Saturday I made my first venture to the best LNS in our area (that I know of). It is a 45-minute drive to the other side of town to get there, which is what took me so long to plan a trip out there in the first place. It was a cross stitch candyland.

I already owned five patterns from Whispered by the Wind (Canon, Rondo, Largo, Adagio, and Scherzo). My plan was to buy supplies to make two of them. As you can see, I got a little more than that. I picked colors other than those recommended by the pattern and ended up with Threadworx Pastel Bouquet, Dust to Dust, Society Life, and Mosaic. I picked coordinating 28 count Jobelan for each pattern. The fifth pattern with threads and fabric will show up soon in a WIP post.

I made two additional impulse purchased while there...a small pattern called Looner Night and a Pine Mountain Pillow Kit. I became the owner of a sewing machine at Christmas last year and still have only gotten as far as admiring all the non-framing finishes displayed on other blogs. In the meantime, the Pine Mountain kit will serve as my alternative finishing method.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very intricate pieces. I would go blind!

JE