Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pesto Turkey Burgers

My first recipe post and I forgot to take a picture of the end result...always room for improvement. So, for this time, the recipe alone will have to do.

A co-worker passed this one along compliments of Cub Foods and TCF Bank. I have not had much success with ground turkey in the past. It always seems too dry or flavorless. Not the case with this recipe! I even could have gone with the 4% fat turkey instead of the 7%. These will definitely make an encore appearance in our kitchen.

We ate them bunless with a side of hashbrowns - for lack of fries. It was plenty of food!

Pesto Turkey Burgers
1¼ lbs lean ground turkey
2 tbsp. basil pesto
1 tsp. minced garlic
½ c. crumbled feta cheese
1½ tsp. seasoned salt
½ c. bread crumbs

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. (I cooked them in a skillet on the stove tonight.) Mix together the ground turkey, pesto, garlic, feta cheese, seasoned salt and bread crumbs in a bowl until evenly blended. Form into 4 patties. (I think 5 would have been better, especially if you're putting them on a bun.) Grill peto burgers until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side.

No comments: